Every few miles in California I’m seeing a sign on the highway designating that a group or business that has volunteered to take responsibility for keeping that section of the highway picked up. I see signs for organizations, businesses, churches and synagogues. A couple of sections were adopted by families, for memorials or special occasions. Some of the highway sections are spotless; others are a complete mess. Either way there’s a sign on the road advertising who is responsible for its condition.
We normally focus on advertising to ourselves here at TBYB!. But what if we advertised FOR our own goals, TO others? What kind of visible public commitment could you make about your goal that would make you accountable to others about whether it got done?
- Advertise to your friends and family with custom postage stamps
- How to prompt others to remind you about your goal
- The psychology of persuasion – consistency
- Road trip!
- Road trip: Rosa Parks Way
- Road trip: Ancient advertising
- Road trip: Leaving your mark
- Road trip: Shoes
- Road trip: Lessons from Angels Landing